Who We Are
The School Archives & Records Association (SARA) is a user-led network supporting those working with school archive collections. The group includes librarians, teachers, support staff, volunteers and retired staff as well as professionally trained archivists.
- Membership: how to join. There are currently around 450 members. Most are in the UK – in state and independent schools – alongside a small and growing overseas membership. There is no charge for SARA membership, but you need to register with the Membership administrator.
- Post a question. Members can raise questions and join discussion threads by using the site's Discussion Forum.
- Organisation. The Association is steered by a committee of nine archivists, a Chairman, a Secretary and a lifetime President (see Organisation & Contact). Members can also seek the support of a Mentor.
- Activities. SARA holds an annual summer conference (usually at a member school) and supports small regional meetings and training events. To register your attendance at conference or event, download a booking form.
- Information and resources. Each year resources created for the annual conference and documents addressing professional changes in archive practice are added to the website. This library of information is a helpful aid on a variety of topics spanning GDPR and conservation, to volunteer management and funding applications. The site also contains a list of useful Links.